Solar Done Right
At DC Energy Innovations we have been installing solar projects since 2005, and offer a truly unique approach to solar in VT and NY. We have constructed commercial and residential projects of all types and sizes to meet our customers’ unique energy goals.
Want to know more about solar for your business or home? Start by contacting us. We can then set up a free, no obligation site visit to assess the feasibility and costs of solar!
What makes DCEI different?
- We take the time to help you find solar options that are right for you, your budget, and your unique location.
- DCEI takes a consultative sales approach: we don’t use high-pressure sales tactics. We want you to choose us based on our vast experience, the quality of our work, and our competitive pricing!
- DC Energy is staffed by electricians and qualified technicians. You can rest assured that your system will be installed safely, neatly, and to code.
- Our excellent post installation service is the key to the DC Energy approach. We are with you for the years after we install your system to answer any questions and troubleshoot any problems that might arise.
- All of our systems are installed with remote monitoring. If there is a problem, we can start taking action to resolve it – often before the system owner knows about it.
For more on the incentives that allow solar to work, click here.
Types of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installations
Roof Mount (sloped roof)
This is the typical system for a residential solar PV project. The panels are usually installed at the same pitch as the roof, raised 4 to 6 inches above the roof using a racking system that attaches to the rafters in your roof. Flashing is used to prevent leaks.
Ballasted Roof Mount (flat roofs)
Larger commercial buildings often use this mounting method. Here, the panels are typically installed at an angle (5° to 10°). The racks have a pan under the panels that hold heavy blocks to keep the panels and racks from moving in high winds. Ballasted roof mounts avoid roof penetrations.
Pole mounts are useful in rural areas where there is plenty of physical space on the ground. The racks are installed on a pole which is anchored to the ground with a concrete foundation. The tilt of the solar panel rack can be changed manually on a seasonal basis to gain better production.
This is another option for mounting solar panels on the ground. In this kind of system, a longer row of solar panels is installed in racking. The racking is installed with concrete or driven pile foundations. The system has a shorter profile than poles, but takes up more ground area. These are typically fixed and the tilt of the panels cannot be adjusted.